Arts Margaret River and Margaret River Press would like to congratulate the following authors whose stories have been shortlisted in the inaugural Margaret River Short Story Competition. There were 191 entries for the competition and the judges were very impressed with the quality of the stories submitted.
Thank you to all those who entered the competition. The shortlist is compiled alphabetically by author’s surname.
All stories shortlisted in the Open Category, along with the winning story from the South West Writer Category, will be published in a collection anticipated to be launched at the Margaret River Readers & Writers Festival 2012 (4-6 May).
- Emotional Weather by Liliane Grace
- Children’s Hospital by William Lane
- Things That Are Found in Trees by Beverley Lello
- The Last Babushka Doll by Georgina Luck
- Waiting for the Wheels to Fall Off by Catherine Moffat
- Stranded by Christine Piper
- The Stones by J Skelton
- Men Don’t Cry by Rajasree Variyar
- It’s Her Place by Kerry Lown Whalen
- Small by Jacqueline Winn
South West Writer
- Family Pictures by Rachel Atkinson
- Mornings Like This by Bernice Barry
- The Perfect Couple by Suzanne Little
- Window Dressing by Marjory Tomlinson